However, virgin coconut oil moisturises deep into the skin tissues and stays hydrated throughout the day leaving a great shine to the skin. Coconut oil is full of saturated fats which retain moisture by depositing fatty acids under the skin. It aids in removing scars, stretch marks, excess fat and skin folding helping to tone the skin and maintain a natural healthy glow. Coconut oil also has good antimicrobial properties, therefore when applied to open wounds, the skin will heal without leaving marks or getting infected. When applying on the skin, it is best to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells for the best tissue repair.
Here are 5 ways to start using Virgin Coconut Oil:
- Use all over the body after shower to retain the moisture content of the skin all day
- Spread onto wounds or blistered skin as an antimicrobial for protection against infections
- High in Vitamin E and proteins so is beneficial as an anti-ageing substance
- Repairs sunburnt, broken and chapped skin and gives the skin an ultimate glow without feeling greasy or suffocating the skin
- Coconut oil can also be used on the lips, hair, those embarrassing cracked heels and massaged into chipped nails for extra strength and hydration
I really recommend to everyone to use Virgin Coconut Oil on a daily basis to improve and maintain skin and hair. I have attached an image of the oil that I use and some cheeky holiday snaps of the beautiful scenery, I will add some more Thailand pictures later on!