Bath Bombs are great, and even better without the harsh chemicals. This recipe makes a softer and creamier bath bomb that fizzes revealing its rosy fragrances. Bath bombs can be used for relaxation with its lustful aroma in the bath or use regularly to maintain your skins health and appearance.
I have chosen these ingredients especially to cleanse and soften the skin:
Buttermilk or Full Fat Dairy Cream – adds suppleness and creamier tones to the skin
Rose Water – a more natural and relaxing fragrance that smells of roses with anti-inflammatory properties to reduce dried or inflamed skin.
Organic Honey – honey is extremely good for skin, adding radiance and softens the skin
Organic fruit juice Peach or Plum juice – optional, adds to the fragrance and colour.
Fresh Ginger Peels – has a strong aroma and is benefited for its anti-ageing properties that keeps the skin more firm, toned, radiant and youthful due to its high number of anti-oxidants. Ginger is also an antiseptic and this reduces blemishes and keeps the skin clean and smooth.
Fresh Lemon Slices – is fantastic for removing blackheads, reduce oily skin, soothes chapped skin, cleanses the skin, fades blemishes and evens your skin tone.
Fresh Rose Petals – with its lush rosy essence it also has several benefits to the skin; soothes inflamed skin, anti-oxidants to support anti-ageing, lock in moisture keeping it smooth and supple by tightening pores.
300g Bicarbonate of Soda – deodorizing and cleansing properties for the skin
100g Citric Acid – is a natural preservative found from citrus fruits, that reacts with the soda.
To prepare your bath bombs you will need:
Large glass mixing Bowl
Large mixing Spoon
Moulds of your choice
Spray bottle with water
· Measure and sieve all the bicarbonate of soda and citric acid into the large mixing bowl
· Add gradually, tablespoons of either the buttermilk or the full fat dairy cream to your bowl
· Then mix immediately to avoid any fizzing of the soda
· Add couple tablespoons of rose water and fruit juice of your choice, and again stir immediately
· Add a small spoonful of organic honey and stir into the mixture
· Add the fresh ginger peels, lemon slices and rose petals
(the quantity of these varies on what you desire)
· Once the mixture seems consistent and the ingredients mixed thoroughly in, gradually spray water and mould into your desired shape.
I enjoyed making them and using them and cant wait to make some more different bath bombs..